Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pumpkin Soup from RS Dinner - Olia

I don't have the exact measurements for this, but it's really easy to make.

This recipe is for 5 qt slow cooker, and it’s easy to scale it down.
I cooked half of a small onion in some butter with some garlic powder over medium heat until soft. Put into the slow cooker.

Add chopped 1lb (or less) smoked ham,
2 large cans (29 oz each) of pumpkin puree,
1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp rosemary, and salt to taste.

Then I just filled the slow cooker to the top with chicken broth (I used chicken broth cubes and water); that way you can make the soup thicker or thinner by adding liquid to the pumpkin puree.

This time I cooked it on High for 4 hours, and I think it was too long because the ham cubes turned out a bit hard. All it really needs is to be heated through so that all the flavors combine.

Serve with cream.

1 comment:

AllMyKs said...

This was so good. I've never had a pumpkin soup before. Loved the cream in it!