Monday, September 29, 2008

Mock Rumbi’s Chicken & Mango Salad-Courtney Brown


I got this recipe from myfoodstoragedeals.com. My 3 year old didn't eat much but my 5 and 6 year old liked it.


1 romaine lettuce head
1⁄2 c. feta cheese
3 tomatoes, diced
1 mangos, diced (or 1 can mandarin oranges)
2 chicken breasts, cooked seasoned with lemon pepper,
heavily
1 T. sesame seeds
1 bag tortilla chips
*2 c. cooked rice

Dressing:
1/4 c. Dijon mustard
2 T. lime juice
1 t. chili powder
3/4 c. Mayo
1/2 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. white sugar
2 T. minced garlic
2 T. ginger powder

Blend dressing well. Layer salad with above ingredients
and serve with dressing. Top salads with tortilla chips and
serve immediately. *Optional: Serve with warm rice.

1 comment:

AllMyKs said...

Courtney,
This looks really good! Nice staging of your picture too. I've got another one that I found a picture of that I'll throw on hear if I can remember how I made it. This is going to be fun!